wISHING TO KNOW: how many of you are irritated and bereft at the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn rewrite to take out the offensive N word, despite that Mark Twain wrote that so long ago and it was the missive of a much more simpler and adventurous time? I know that Twain wrote that from his own experiences, and I am so ANNOYED they are trying to make it PC. when we were taught that in HS and College, it was rejoinded by the N word, which is Never A good thing or pleasant. But seriously, it was written in that timeframe....and it should not be decimated by the pc of today. Think of ALL the books we were taught in the BEST teachers' literature clases...Franny and Zooey, Catcher in the Rye...All the Shakespeare would be suspect...and Fareheit 451. I was benefited by having an awesome literature and creative writing teacher that did not stand to public comment, she understood the treasure of the written word....all I can think now is yes, Farenheit 451, all books decimated...e readers, then none on the shelves...and in the mind of pc and public consciousness...no books at all... banninng literature is bad enough, but to CHANGE the words, that is just ludicrous. Shame on them and shame on us to allow such to happen, Long live the literature that enlightens us all, and the music, and the arts, and everything that keeps us HUMAN! We all strive and desire that bit of life that is in keeping with our spirit...