Great to "see" you here again, Dotsie! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas/holiday season.

I've probably mentioned before that our son moved home for a few months shortly after we moved to Galena. He had taken an internship at a newspaper in Dubuque, IA right after he graduated, and when the internship ended, they asked him to stay on "for a few months" while they searched for and hired a new photographer, but he was no longer eligible for their "intern apartment."

He didn't want to rent some place with a lease, as he had no idea how long they would keep him - and he didn't like Dubuque well enough to want to apply for the opening, so he knew this was very short-term...

Fortunately for us all, Galena is an easy commute from Dubuque - it's less than 20 miles - so he moved in with us and stayed in our spare bedroom for a couple of months...

It WAS hard at first for all of us to get used to living together again, after all, he had been living on his own for 5 years by that time. But it was also a wonderful time.

So my impression is that as long as you set appropriate ground rules, and the kids agree to do some work around the house in order to earn their keep, "boomerangs" are a good experience.

I am quite interested in the stories I am reading now about Boomers moving in with their kids... Anyone have any friends or acquaintances who have done that?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com