Yonuh, I read a book years ago (Embraced by the Light) about a woman who had a near-death experience and that's what she learned in her NDE. Her book changed my life forever, because so much of it resonated with me and made so much more sense than anything else I've ever read or learned. Embracing the possibility of these teachings has given me a whole new perspective and joy when reading Scripture, and a new sense of purpose...a profound relief, so to speak, because everything - every encounter, every experience, every perceived failure is actually a unique opportunity to either learn or teach...there are golden nuggets of wisdom and learning in every moment, when/if we have the eyes to see.

Over time, as I've read more about this, it has also (I believe) healed me of all suicidal thinking (which I've struggled with since the mid 60's). While I still have down days, deep down inside of me, I can feel a profound serenity that was never there before, a "peace that passes all understanding", because now I believe more than ever that everything, even those "down days", have opportunities for growth and stretching and hopefully, helping someone else. This way of thinking excites me like nothing else has for a long time.

(Maya Angelou)