No I haven't contacted anyone yet, but will probably call the surgeon's office on Monday and ask her to relay my discomfort and dismay to the doctor. I had a really rough day yesterday because of this, but then decided to put it aside and focus on what I DO know...I've recently joined an online cancer support group for this specific cancer. While all of the women there are equally appalled at the timing of the package being sent, they also all agree that it's probably standard procedure for a package to be sent at some point. So I'm trying to look at this as a screw-up in timing, not a cruel effort to get the diagnosis across without actually having to give it in person.

The other thing I'm remembering is what the surgeon told me the morning after the operation, that she saw no sign of cancer anywhere outside of the uterus, no tumours or masses (lots of undiagnosed endometriosis though)...she would know if she had seen something suspicious and would have told me that morning. So I'm clinging to her words and choosing to think that even if there IS a diagnosis of cancer it's probably in the very earliest stages, given her own initial optimism.

But I'm still going to talk CALMLY with someone, whoever the surgeon's nurse thinks needs to hear it, about the timing of the package. There ought to be some sort of caveat saying that just because someone receives this package doesn't mean it's an automatic diagnosis...that it's just procedure for anyone coming to the cancer centre for any appointment. Apparently one of the girls in my group got a similar package even before she had her biopsy, simply because the biopsy was being done in the cancer ctr.

(Maya Angelou)