I'm glad you have a plan for where and with whom you will spend the holidays, Chatty.

It's always good to be with friendly, loving and supportive people, especially on days that have such significance.

I'm happy your grandson Jason is coming home for a Christmas visit, and bringing his girlfriend/fiance for you to meet. Love that you think they will chose to marry in Vegas - then you won't have to travel for the wedding.

My niece is engaged and we will be meeting her fiance at Christmas as well. She is living out East -- Pennsylvania, maybe? -- and he is finishing his Ph.D. (I think in California, but not sure about that.). His family is from Chicago and her parents are in the Greater Milwaukee area. So the wedding will be at her home church, where her father is the minster.

I am excited for them, but not too excited about my 81 year old mother having to fly across the country for the wedding. she flew to Milwaukee for our daughter's wedding 18 months ago, and ended up sick enough with respiratory problems that she had to check into a hotel to rest up before she was well enough to fly all the way home.

What will all the "hoo ha" happening with the TSA right now, I just don't like to think of her traveling alone. Nor do I know anyone who wants to fly down to Tucson to fly with her to Wisconsin.

Thankfully that wedding isn't until next summer and perhaps traveling will be an easier task by then...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com