Originally Posted By: Lola
Eagle, you're a hystersister!!! I had an OC scare four years ago which got snipped in the nick of time by TAH. Now that you have had your procedure, you must ensure that your post-op recovery involves a lot of rest. That also means no pulling, pushing or carrying heavy weights for some time. If you feel any cramps, it might help to take anything with peppermint. Pineapple juice also aids with internal healing.

Thanks Lola! It's 5am here and this is the worst time of day for me because of the gas cramps. Three dsys ago I was doubled over by them, and if I'm sitting when they hit, they literally pin me to the chair and I can't get up for a few seconds. So I read up on what had helped other “hystersisters” and bought myself some peppermint tea. It has helped tremendously, the cramps are much less severe. I’ve only been drinking it at night so far, hoping it would help with the mornings, but I think I’ll try drinking more throughout the day.
As for the lifting, etc, hubby’s doing EVERYTHING. As soon as I feel any strain anywhere I stop immediately and let him take over. WE’ve both decided we’ll give myself 4-6 weeks before even attempting to do much. He seems quite happy to pamper me for now, so I’m very blessed and lucky!

(Maya Angelou)