The Bible addresses this question in Psalm 73:

“A psalm of Asaph. Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills.” 12 “This is what the wicked are like . . . always carefree, they increase in wealth. Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been plagued; I have been punished every morning.”

I've found myself not always following God's law, rather man's law, much like the wicked. Yet, God knows my heart and I often find myself punished; whereas, other wicked folk continue to prosper.

Why, then, do evil people, who make no pretense of believing in the Lord, receive blessings which appear to be from God while I have to pinch every penny?

And, what about those who profess to be Christians; yet, are not and simply hide behind the robe of religeon?

Edited by MustangGal (10/18/10 01:55 PM)