OK, given the above, I hate to admit that I found myself in this abusive cycle. I'm tired of it. I now recognize why I worked with such bullies. I knew not otherwise b/c of my childhood molestation and abusive marriage.

I was fired from a job after the below living hell:

After 1 week of employment I was told to FU, FO, screw you, middle fingered, called every foul name possible, pinched to get my attention -- leaving bruises, poked with fingernails, vehicle alarm triggered on several and repeated occasions, death threats, inappropriate questioning with regard to my personal life and private property, blamed for mistakes of my predecessor, and found myself making mistakes b/c due to the bullying tactics of my coworkers. I was also blamed for another individual's mistakes and called a whore and slut. The senior partner attorney I worked for made inappropriate remarks and said he did not feel that I felt comfortable in my own skin. My predecessor would raise her hand with palm toward me as if to slap me, sometimes she would swing and then stop.

I complained not once, not twice, not thrice, but exactly 4 times and each request was met with a "some people are more colorful than others" or a shrug. I lived in constant fear and hid twice in the stairwell or went to another floor to eat lunch to escape the foul language, sarcasm, and threats.

Edited by MustangGal (10/18/10 12:39 PM)