My husband was walking our two Westies on their leashes around the neighborhood. There is a yard I avoid because a woman recently (within last 2 weeks) keeps a dog named Peaches tied to a pole in her yard, with signs at the perimeter of the yard that say "invisible fence." I walk on the other side of the street. I know the dog is named Peaches because I hear the woman hollering from inside her house "Peaches" if she hears/see the dog stir. Today, my husband was strolling along and let loose on the flexi-leashes of our dogs, so they entered Peaches' yard a bit. There is not a lot of room for error. The yard is right at the sidewalk, and Peaches' leash is long enough to reach the edge of the sidewalk. Peaches grabbed my youngest Westie and shook her like she was a rabbit. He (husband) got a bite during scuffle, and so did our other dog Gracie. Husband had brief moments with Peaches owner, who said that Peaches was a rescue dog and she was so sorry etc. etc. My husband told her it was his fault for letting our dogs into their yard, and he did not see Peaches, (although he's been warned 100 x by me and with me to avoid that yard). Whisked Annie to the vet, currently sedated after being treated for 5 FIVE dog bites. X-ray to dog's shoulder to be sure it's not broken. Meanwhile, at home with me, other dog Gracie starts whining, and I notice that she has more than one surface wound. It is now 6:30 PM and husband is at the ER vet to treat Gracie. Annie was $342.00. Husband on unemployment. Me awaiting disability! No can afford these kinds of accidents. Who do you think is responsible?

Edited by Princess Lenora (10/15/10 12:38 AM)