I work for a magazine. I have done for over 12 years. My company is not the best, they have never even sent me a Christmas card never mind showing any appreciation. Just some background.

Problem. I sell the ads. In the past month I have had so many cancellations that the next magazine may not go to print as the revenue is down so low. I have not been able to increase the revenue with new accounts as all I get is NO's. It is no surprise that many niche magazines are closing their doors, with the economy, internet, IPAD etc. It continues to be tough in the magazine world.

Anyway, I was asked three years ago to work from home. I get a very small amount to cover the phone, internet etc.
As sales are so bad my boss emailed me to tell me he is coming over to my home this coming week to meet with me.
Before he sent this email, he asked for a script of what I say to people. He also asked me to call a potential client that he said he does not know. I think he did this as this guy was a contact of his and he wanted to find out how I sounded over the phone. It is clear by the things that he is doing that he feels I am the problem, not the economy.

Here's the question: Why does he want to meet at my home. He has never been here before. We always go out for lunch to have a meeting, or I go to his office, or we meet at a coffee shop. He is in another city 2 hours away so it appears he is coming over to see me. I feel upset around this. I don't go to his home. I don't want him to come here and invade my personal space. My office is in my bedroom. Only we will be here alone in the house. I am not concerned that he will come on to me or anything like that. It's just I don't feel like meeting him here.
I want to say to him "Look, I would prefer to meet as we usually do at a coffee shop" but, I have not done so yet.

What would you do?

I hang on to this job as it allows me to work from home so I can do other jobs too. I make more this way than working outside the home at just one job. Also there are perks, medical dental, 80% paid. But, I do not like my company as they are not good to their employees and I feel they are looking to get rid of me. Maybe I'm paranoid?

Comments please!!!

thanks,
Kate