Anne, that is very real, what you shared. I had the same experience. The man I married at age 22 was named Todd. Here's how I felt about the ceremony, same as you! ***Todd strutted like a stallion stalking an unsuspecting mare; he must have thought he was quite the stud. Assembled in the judge’s chamber, the justice of the peace said, “If anyone objects to this marriage, come forward.” I wondered if that included the bride. Slipping a silver and turquoise band purchased from the swap meet on Todd’s finger, I contemplated the vow, “Till death do us part.” To show what a nice guy he thought he was, Todd stood in as a witness for the next couple on the civil ceremony calendar. I stood outside in the lobby, smoking, staring at the closed carved wood doors of the judge’s chambers and thought: Oh, my God, what have I done?*** Imagine getting married with such trepidation and fear. Divorce rates are increasing because of the economic environment: costs are up, pay increases are null, and jobs are scarce. Who can cultivate love and nurture under those circumstances. The strong, the very strong.