Jabber, woops, I wasn’t sure if you meant your two daughters or your son’s two daughters. Whatever your age, jabber,..you are a yung’n to me, and probably to all the rest of us.

Josie, you know what’s odd…all of us here have SONS that are …what’s the word: distant? Maybe your husband is right. Maybe it’s a male thing? I think it’s harder to accept those visits that are few and far in between, when the adult children live so close by. I once mentioned to my oldest son, who lives only 10 minutes from us, that we want to sell our house and move. He was shocked, and asked why. I told him we would like to live in a larger city. We feel like we are missing out on life in the country. He said, "well we are here". I just gave him a long look. Ever since then, he comes with his family every week for almost a whole day. You might just try that “trick” on your son.

JJ, your analysis made a lot of sense to me. And yes, I am thinking big. Big time changes! It’s Hubby, dear, who rather thinks small…or no changes. So I do have obstacles, but nothing I can’t overcome. Thanks so much, JJ, you are really amazing. I hope you know that.
DD, interesting question. I guess the 3 tables represent my mother, Hubby, and my sons. Moving means moving away from them. Hubby isn't too enthused about moving,and it would mean I have to move my mother to my new area. Not sure if that is good for her.And I would miss my grandchildren. It's not an easy decision.

“A” called today, and asked if her Daddy may bring her over on Saturday. Weeeeell…chatty, may I borrow your phrase? ….“butter my but and call me a bun.” ( Haha just love that). Our other son is moving into their new house over the weekend, so his brother is coming to help him. Maybe we’ll just do a barbeque in the evening for the movers. Maybe we will grill our son. We’ll add a bit of mayonnaise and mellow spices,…to soften his nature. wink

If you don’t ever hear from me again,…you know it is my son who wants to grill me, for whatever reason, only the stars know for sure. cool