Well, I had heard about bio-identical HRT first when I saw Suzanne Sumers on a talk show, but I didn't think too much about it. I know she was adamant that it was the best thing that had ever happned to her.

After I found out I wasn't producing very much estrogen any longer, my doc suggested I try it. I was not doing well emotionally and hadn't been for some time. In fact, I was a mess. Add to that my OCD, which always gets worse with hormonal fluctuations and I was seriously having some bad days. I was ready to try anything, but I truly didn't expect anything.

It was bumpy for about six weeks because as it is something a pharmacist compounds just for you, it takes some serious charting of your symptoms and some changing your dosage before you hit what is right for your body. That part was hard and I almost quit.

I'm so glad I didn't! Once I started to feel better, I finally could see just how bad I'd been ... if that makes any sense. I truly, truly feel like it's a blessing in my life and so does my family.

I do know that you cannot yet get it in every state as my Mother says she can't get it in Oklahoma. I'd suggest visiting with your doc about it and maybe getting the Somers book, "The Sexy Years". I found this article that might help a little as well: http://www.womentowomen.com/LIBbioidenticalhormones.asp

I hope that helps. If you have more questions, I'm happy to share my experiences with you!