Hello All. I'm so glad and (I feel), so fortunate to have found a site like this, I can't tell you what it means to me. For one thing, I'm truly no longer alone and don't feel quite as crazy as I thought I was/am. It's good to see other people talking about the same things I am going through, not that I'm glad to see them suffer, but is this what they mean by "misery loves company"? I'm 58 yrs and I have had symptoms,(one or another)for the last 7-8 years. This last 2 years has been the worst. A nightmare. My doc took me off HRT and refused to put me back on it. Mind you, he offered no alternative or knowlege or direction. Nothing. I have told him so many times how horrible this is and how miserable I am, but he just gives me a bland look and a kind of muffled "sorry". I'm so outraged at the med. community. I think they have almost been irresponsible in this area. Then I recently found out I have heart disease, and I have to be careful of almost everything. I'm so confused about what's what. It seems like so many things or products have such different reactions for so many different women. I can't figure out even a "basic" formula. I hear alot about black cohash, which I take, but doesn't seem to do much for me. Also, Maca, which I'm looking for. And Soy, which due to this thread and a kind soul sharing info, I have just started. I also take Evening Primrose. Then there is:Dhea, progesterone, etc.etc. My biggest problem is the hot flashes, hot/cold body, and depression. Maybe worst then that is not knowing when this is going to end. I have 24 of the listed symptoms, and lately I have had breathing problems, like not getting enough of a breath. Someone describes it as "air gulping". It's torture. No one around here understands. I guess if your not sneezing and coughing, they don't think your sick, and certainly not sick for 9 years! It's absurd , isn't it? Why, why, why don't they have help/answers for us? Why do we have to flounder like this? Sometimes I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown, if I haven't already, and that would mean my life would be over. But most of the time I just keep hanging on, begging for it to be over today. I can't remember the last time I put on my makeup, that by the time I'm putting on the last "improvement", it looks like I should start all over again, cause the makeup is now running down my face, washed away from the uncontrollable sweat/storm/deluge. Ridiculous! Well, thanks for listening. Sorry for the ranting, but I feel better for releasing some of the anger. I do have a question. Does anybody have any information about if the thyroid plays a part or contributes to this?