Jaw Jaw
you went to Ireland.... well similar low cottages are common here in Scotland.Not thatched but red pantiles .these were imported when this nation traded with Netherland in the 19th century..the tiles were ballast on the return from our trade..
these houses have really thick walls smallish windows and few cupboards built in..these homes weere for folks who didn't have much..folks sleep in box beds..in a recess in the main room.Ususally a chest held their clothes beneath the bed..we have still a beam evident in our room where these bed were placed was long before we came..
there is a weaving room attacted to the house where flax was woven this is our storage place for lawn mowers etc.( one day maybe another sitting room will be made)
these weavers were well read due to the packman carrying pamplets and books to the workers..early negotiations about pay for the linen meant these folks shared facts and prices..early politicans maybe.This home is moderised of course but the footprint of industrious Scots is the same..I tend the garden that these people started..someday others will do the same..
aS I write songbirds are singing their joy...their babies are hatched and with luck they may have another brood..all joy of life is in the song I hear..There is no where else I would rather be for now..

Hi Humlan...not getting emails at present here..will be fixed this week..speak then..