I have been reading several good books.

One, BoomerPreneurs, How Baby Boomers Can Start Their Own Business, Make Money and Enjoy Life, by MB Izard, is a great book for helping baby boomers figure out how to start a business if your own. I'll be reviewing it on the NABBW site, but let's just say that as a former coach who helped Baby Boomers start their own businesses, I thought this was a fantastic book...

Another is a thriller that I can't put down. The author's style is very analogous to Stephen King. Called So Cold the River, by Michael Koryta - it's due out in June and I highly recommend it.

A third, Baby Boomer Bust? by Roger Chiocchi is much more rooted in the economic reality of the present. This book's subtitle is "How the generation of promise became the generation of panic." I think I'll review it on the NABBW site, even if it IS written by a man... I find it very thought provoking.

Next I will be reading NABBW-member Linda K. Thomas's memoir, Grandma's Letters from Africa. If I have the story straight, she wrote letters to a newborn grand daughter during three years she and her husband spent working as missionaries in Nairobi... Seeing as more and more of us Boomers are deciding to spend some time doing volunteer work, I think this one ought to be quite interesting...

Edited by Anne Holmes (04/30/10 03:51 AM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com