Thx for the good wishes. And Anne, give us the reference when it gets published!
Another article I ripped off quickly, was published by our tourism board, on touring our city community gardens by cycling or walking smile

Touring Vancouver's Community Gardens by...

Actually there are some creative gardens which I will further elaborate in my blog later on...

I must admit, I'm careful how much effort and to which source I will write for free. Otherwise, other people will expect I do all writing for free for them.

About 2 weeks ago, I did find out I had a book review published in a professional journal (meant for librarians and lawyers) on insurance law and risk management. It will be republished in the a lawyers bar association newsletter. smile I've had a few other articles published in professional journals/newsletters over the past 15 years. A real hodge podge of topics, but highly specialized.

For the journals and newsletters related to my profession, it is usually for free which as you know to advance one's career within one's profession and to "give back" as a more experienced practitioner. Alot of librarians have created their own blogs which are specifically focused on their perspectives on topics related to world of information management and knowledge transfer.

I just haven't done that --yet. crazy I'm having more fun writing on non-work topics that have nothing to do with my formal training. Part of my problem, is selecting a niche area of expertise that I can write often in a professional/work-focused blog for the library profession. It would require considerable time for me to monitor and read consistently new developments and trends. Long story...behind this.

One would think by now, after 1/4 century, I've figured what I know the most within my own profession. But no, not the zigzag journey I've taken in my paid jobs. Dealing with my resume has been a serious challenge of summarizing. I've had an employment counsellor provide useful feedback.

Still needs whittling down and constant gardening to make one's accomplishments look cohesive. laugh