Well, the day is over now, I'm not gonna dwell on it. But I do hear so much of what others' husbands have done for friends, and I can't help to feel a tiny bit jealous.

I'm like DD, I do not like flowers that die. One year he brought me a beautiful, tall jewelry box...about 14 years ago. Our "first" V'day..then that was it. Period, the end of THAT!! It's all worn off now I guess. Yet I love my little piece of furniture!

He thinks I'm "high maintenance" and WAY too needy. So he prob thinks I don't deserve "more". I don't know. There's more to this than I care to share here...so I've learned to, sorta, live with it.

But I know I gave HIM something.....which is what was important for ME. If I am not that important to HIM to at least "fake it", as someone mentioned, well, what can I do, ya know.

My birthday is in a few months.......last time my sister sent me a coat as a gift and all I did was tell him 'bout it. He said "are you trying to rub it in my face that I did not give you something"? Geesh! He's getting old/cranky and intolerable at times...yet, I still love the guy!! Can't explain it!! He does so much for me/us, honestly. And he is working on his "crankiness".

Edited by Di (02/17/10 02:26 AM)