Bummer. I missed it since I have had the flu for the past ten days and been in "no-thoughts" land. I don't even know whether the BBC have coverage of it. Surely, they must!

They have the sad news on the luge racer from Georgia with a report:

"Officials concluded the track was not unsafe but that the athlete "did not compensate properly" going into a bend."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/vancouver_2010/luge/8513794.stm

You're so lucky your town is hosting the Winter Olympics and that Vancouver is bigger than London. What is disruption like to community life over there? My town will host the equestrian events in 2012. I am not entirely jubilant about it because it means tearing up the Royal Park in my borough...the community will also have restricted access to the parks in a few months when they start doing so.

Read your post about the exclusive transaction on purchase/sale of bottled water from Coca-Cola. My grandson intends to put up a bottled water and cold drinks stall when the Olympics hit his town in 2012. I wonder whether the same agreement with Coca-Cola would be applied over here. He has also made enquiries about setting up a stall on souvenir items and is still waiting for a reply.