I feel that if someone has worked hard all their life and planned for their retirement and are able to retire, they have earned the right to talk about it freely. It's a privilege they have earned. (I'm not talking golden parachutes here.) Time does pass quickly, way too quickly for all of us, retired or not. Volunteerism is a wonderful thing. However, I don't think anyone should "brag" about being retired to those of us who cannot retire yet or maybe not at all. If someone asks them how they like retirement or what they do with themselves, I see no reason why they shouldn't be truthful and say they love it if they do. But throwing it in someone's face who might love to retire but can't is mean and thoughtless. "There but for the grace of God."

Another thing that really irks me is when someone asks me how I like retirement when they know full well that I am NOT retired, I am unemployed and looking for a job. There is a BIG difference. Sometimes, people just don't think before they speak.