Had to weigh in on this even though it is an older topic. On 12/14 I had a mammogram. On 12/16 I received notification of irregularities in BOTH breasts. I immediately went back for compression mammograms and ultra sounds which revealed what were believed to be fibroadenomas. However, I needed biopsies to confirm. This week I had a core needle biopsy on each breast and received the call yesterday that both are benign.

No one could feel these lumps. Not me, my gyno or the breast surgeon. They could only be seen by the mammogram. They are new and if I only was able to have a mammogram every two years, and they were malignant, I would have had serious trouble. I had my first fibroadenoma at 25!!

These last 7 weeks have been grueling. The weight of worry was aweful, and I am more grateful than words can express that my outcome is positive. Many women have some sort of abnormality that needs to be monitored before the age of 50.