My village is sought after due to its rural locality and transport network giving a train staion nearby and main motorway to cities.Also near coast and golf.
what we have is incoming families who build then build some more.Making great profit. Buying any house building in the garden and changing the style of the village by creating homes unlike the core village architecture.
There are three families who have done this .build sell build another up to four times.
and I heard that one couple now intend to settle in a nearby bigger town..quote..they prefer more people around them.
I have never objected to any plans..these folks know the system inside out and would achieve what the want in the long run..
No doubt in the long run these changes would have happened anyway but it was all so rapid..My older house and those like it would sell very quickly due to the garden size..but I was happy with the village as it was..I dont loose sleep over it life is too short..these families all have outside work as well as speculating..