Dotsie, my friend used tanning beds often and now has appointments with her dermatologist every 3 months. She's had one melanoma removed from her leg, and about 15 other suspicious spots removed. She's going to be a walking scar pretty soon.

She is fair and freckled, so she is more apt to have these issues. If I remember right, you have more olive toned skin and look like you would tan easily. If you don't normally use tanning beds, I would think a couple of session wouldn't hurt (aack, don't shoot me everyone!). I think the problem is when they are used regularly, not just once in a while. Use with caution. (don't overbake the first time, go slow)

The other option, Dotsie, would be to get a spray tan. I did that before we went to the beach for a few days. I looked great, and then allowed myself to get a little natural tan while I was there, so the fake tan faded to the natural tan. Be aware, the fake tan fades quicker if you are in a chlorine pool.

Good luck and let us know what you do. I'm sure Dianne will be back to let me know I should never recommend tanning!! Yikes... sorry Dianne!! wink