MustangGal...Wow, I guess you are talking about me here. I am surprised and actually a little hurt that you would think I was taking advantage of your background as a domestic abuse survivor to get you into an MLM. I am a DA survivor mysellf and I was approached about that company (and Dotsie, it was Fortune High Tech Marketing) and I never once thought that person was trying to take advantage of me because I was a DA survivor. I guess to do so would imply that I am still vulerable...and I am not. Just because I was in a domestic abuse situation does not mean I am incapacitated mentally to make my own financial decisions and I would suspect the same is true for you. I decided to join Fortune at the time because I was burned out in my current career but still wanted to work and be able to be self employed. I don't like MLM's as a rule and it took several attempts by a friend to get me to go to a meeting but once there I thought their concept was very unique and saw it as an opportunity to perhaps build my own business through them. It was part of my job, as with any MLM, to recruit. I assure you I did not "Target" you because you were a survivor of DA and neither did that author you are talking about. In fact, I can't in a million years ever imagine that author doing anything to hurt another woman and particularly a domestic abuse survivor! I'm really sorry you feel this way. We all have the right to say No to any opportunity presented to us....

Also, I did not know Fortune was defunct. I was googling stuff about it to look up old friends still involved in it as early as 6 months ago. I personally got out of it due the travel involved. In order to be as successful as I wanted to be it would have required a lot of it and at the time I had a child I needed to be home with so that didn't work for me. People have made money working in that company. I have personal friends who have made a very steady income with it. If you felt you were being targeted I am sorry for that but I assure you that you weren't!