Hey Dotsie:

Sounds like you have a great family and a positive connection with them. How wonderful! What is the band by the way? Are they on youtube yet?

Think the suggestions above are good ones...here's some more that have worked for me and also my clients juggling teens, adult children and lots of schedules.

1. Try talking to them, share your concerns, get their "buy-in" in coming up with solutions. I find that they often don't even think that their "noise" or their life is affecting us, until we bring it to their attention. "Wow, never thought of that." "Geezz, didn't mean to. Thanks for letting me know." "I didn't know it was bugging you, Mom. Sure I can figure something out." My 17 year old just moved in with us again and he's often surprised when I bring this type of thing up...they have such different ways of doing things, and thinking, diff. sleep patterns, etc. Once they know, they often will offer their own suggestions and be glad to do it.

2. Had my son (music lover like yours) put in his own headphones into his own laptop so he happily listened to music and I didn't have to when I was sleeping.

3. Also set boundaries and ask for what you need! They don't know if you don't ask. You don't want to end up resenting him...or collapse from exhaustion. He might try switching his schedule abit...so when you sleep he is doing something quieter...and he can do the music when you are awake, or away from the house.

4. Possibly a couple nights a week, do his thing at a coffee shop or with friends in their homes, instead of at your house every night.

5. OR when he is home...Possibly a fan in your room (white noise) or soft music to drown out his noise. Might help the jumpy dog too.

6. Look at your home with new eyes. Is there a spare room, a basement, an attic, a workshop..a little area or corner that you never thought about clearing out before...that you could declutter and set him up there with a cardtable for his computer and photos...like a mini-studio...thats abit farther from your bedroom?

Good luck...let us know how it goes!

KC smile
www.CoachingForTopLeaders.com
www.ToolsForPositiveLiving.com
www.SunshineVoices.com

FREE "Tools for Positive Living" mailed newsletter & "Virtual Moment of Joy" ezine!