Ellemm, what a great perspective...who's problem is it anyway?

Yes, your post has had a positive effect on me. Reminding me this is not going to be an overnight change, but the change is possible if I apply it, and get in the habit.

Quote:
To tell you the truth, once your relatives learn that you are not really interested in who forgot to bring the salad to the potluck or return a phone call, they just might stop bugging you so much.

I like this analogy and this is exactly what it's been like. Interesting enough, I don't get worked up over things like this. If I feel like calling someone to talk to them, and I called many times before without ever getting a call from them, I still make the call. Who cares who's turn it is? Now if I get the impression someone just doesn't want to talk to me, then I will not call and if they do not call, fine. This is what's so bizarre about all this drama to begin with. There are so many people out there much worse off. We should consider ourselves Blessed!

I am tired of justifying myself and I will have to practice saying. I have to go (period) and Somethings come up (period).

The manipulation is something I really need to work on. I'll have to let it go and keep in mind, this is their problem, not mine. It's truly sad when you really think about it.

Ellem, I am touched by your offer to PM you.

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Cathi