I've recently had an altercation with a neighbor. I won't go into the sordid details (yet, involves dog dispute). Seems that most of the renters are bringing the neighborhood down. It was a she said, she said. The the neighbor began making false allegations about me, then the police were involved, then I was served with a summons and complaint to Magistrates Court for a restraining order against me.

She had no witnesses, no evidence, provided false information, accused me of a criminal act, and slandered me.

Luckily, I won the hearing and it was dismissed against me. Bottom line, she lied and could not prove the allegations set forth in the complaint.

My attorney said to let it go and stay away from her. She is litigious and simply trying to pick a fight with anyone.

Yet, she states that she had to take 3 lie detector tests as directed by the police. The police were not at the hearing to verify nor back up that statement. Thus, I don't know if it was true or not.

Now she wants to sue me for libel/slander. The Judge said that he would entertain her complaint - whether or not that will take place, I don't know.

Thus, if she sues, I will counter b/c I will retrieve the hearing transcript and use that against her along with witnesses, facts, discovery, etc.

She said I was at places I was not b/c I was at the hospital with my step-father and family. My dog has been at my step-sister's farm or my mother's homes. I use my credit cards for all purchases - which prove my location. All of which will help me.

She is a stay at home mom, chooses not to work, thus what kind of damages could she prove? Her husband is military and was not at the hearing to support her (even though he could have been). Her language was slurred and she exhibited anger at the hearing. The judge said he let her talk longer than he had wished - yet, she provided no tangible evidence.