Orchid, I just came back from visiting my mom's in Northern VA. It is a 3 hour drive away. She needs knee replacement surgery, and she will need help. I can't get away and do this, I don't have the resources.

On January 7, my husband will have major surgery in his right foot. He has osteo-arthritis, he will not be able to drive for a long time and he is told he will be in a cast for 3 months. I am not complaining, he is very easy going and he was good to me while I recovered from my surgery recently.

My husband already talked to my mom about coming here and seeing his doctor, and having the surgery here. I am going to find out if they take her insurance. This way, it will be easier for me* to help her. She will think about it, unfortunately, if she chooses to stay where she it, I will not be able to help her, at least not as well as I could if she were with me.

*with the statement "it will be easier for me", I feel selfish saying that. It's just a habit I have to break.

Oh Anno, part of my problem is that I am barely keeping my head above water with all the debt I have gotten myself into dealing with one crisis after another. If I could afford it, I would love to have a life coach. In many ways, I believe a life coach would be more useful than a counselor. Having said this, I will check them out and perhaps I can see about hiring one in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gims, I was doing pretty good for awhile, but I have had a relapse. I do not understand what you are saying when you made these comments. It can mean a couple of things and I don’t want to misunderstand anything. I appreciate your input.

Quote:
Cathy, I get a feeling from your words that you aren't quite ready to say, "ENouGH !"
Something within you is making you keep this as a 'need' and as a friend.

Aha, the jittery screen, I had my moments with that too. However I made a discovery, at the top right corner of the reply screen toolbar, you should see 2 arrows. One up and one down. Click on the bottom arrow to expand the screen. This stopped the moving up and down for me. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Cathi