What a day we had yesterday!

We picked our 3 yr. old granddaughter up from kindergarten and took her to the Deutsche Museum in Muenich. It’s the largest technology museum in Europe. They have a wing for 3-5 yr. olds. Sooo we took off with our happy little pumpiamkin. She loved the museum, racing around the helicopters and tugboats. When we discovered a sign; To the Salt Mine. Okay, we were game. We had to slide several stories down on potatoe sacks into a fake salt mine. It was cold and spooky, and our little “ A” didn’t like it at all.

Fine, we set off to look for the stairs. It was a labyrinth of passages and dead ends, just like a real salt mine, I guess. AND we were the only ones down there! I already saw us camping overnight, between salt boulders and sweaty looking human sized dolls hammering away at the walls. Finally we discovered emergency escape stairs. “A” clutched on to her grandfather’s neck as he carried her up. He took two stairs at a time, when boom; … he slipped and fell crashing down the stairs with little “A” in his arms. He managed to cup her head in his hands, to protect her. So here we were in the dungeon of this gigantic monstrous museum, not a person around, gathering ourselves up in an empty stair well!……”A” was howling from the shock, ( the echo was deafening) and Opa, her grandfather was licking his cut up hands from the fall.

I carried “A” the rest of the way up. Finally we reached the last door, which led us smack in the middle of the aviation hall. A private ritzy bank meeting was being held, with champaigne and caviar. “A” was still howling, not from pain; - she was simply enjoying the echo! I was panting from schlepping her up all those flights of stairs, and Hubby was blood smeared along the front of his shirt and sleeves. I’m sure we were a sight for soar eyes.

Lol lol….anyhoooo we escaped the room, with bowed heads, and headed for the restaurant. They even stopped their speech, till we passed through. Honestly I felt about 50 pairs of eyes drilling into our backs. We bought “A” a big crunchy twister ice-cream. Hubby got a beer, and I ordered a glass of Rose’ wine. Oh boy…did that do the nerves good.

“A” didn’t want to go back home. She told her mommy that it’s sooo much fun with Oma and Opa, and that we were in a sugar cave, ( she got sugar and salt mixed up) and Opa fell down on top of her, and Opa was bleeding, and Oma was all excited, and they have a big echo there!!!!! It’s sooo much fun with Oma and Opa! ……Ya…right! sick sick