Hi Lola, Fr Basil has actually been bed-ridden for a few months now (in his sister's house - she's his primary caregiver) and is no longer able to be active in a parish. But the Archbishop of Halifax visited him and was deeply touched by Basil's spiritual presence, and continues to visit him regularly...he could also sense Basil's hunger to be a part of the diocese which he has so faithfully and lovingly served for his entire life, and so the Archbishop keeps him informed on all the going-ons and has given Basil the mandate to carry all the priests and the bishop himself in prayer. So it helps Basil to feel connected to his church community. Fr Louis (he was my parish priest at St Peter's) visits Basil regularly and celebrates Mass with him in Basil's bedroom.

I am SO happy and grateful that I had that opportunity to visit with him. He has always been a shining light in my life, but this was, well, nothing short of "sacred ground"...that time spent with him that afternoon is permanently etched in my heart as an afternoon spent in the Presence of God Himself.

(Maya Angelou)