gims, how about The Wishing Year. I found it very uplifting.

ADHD, hmmm, I've read so much about it years back. There's one good book that was very encouraging. Learning Outside the Lines, by Jonathan Mooney. Google him. I think you'll like what you find. I actually saw him do a presentation at my daughter's school, fell in love with his style, bought his book, and totally enjoyed it. My daughter went to a school for kids with LDs. She had no more than seven kids in each class. It was precisely what she needed. She went there 6th thru 12th grade, and by the grace of God, it is literally two houses and one building away from our home. Students came from a bit over an hour away to attend the school. And now, the school has grown and is no longer at this location. What a blessing that was. She walked and all the kids were in and out of our home through the years. What fun.

Let me know if I can be of any help to your grandson. Many children with LDs and attention issues have pockets of brilliance. Find his and nurture them.

Edited by Dotsie (10/26/09 12:21 PM)