Alice and I have talked by phone and I must say she is so knowledgeable and passionate about the subject of domestic violence. The more voices, the better the awareness.
I remember the first time I learned that a month was dedicated to domestic violence. Well, the first time(s) I dismissed it, and said it could not be me or anyone I knew. I was in my twenties on a hot autumn night in Arizona. A few neighbors and I were outside. We could hear yelling from the inside of another neighbor's trailer. I kept saying we should do something. My "friends" kept saying it was "best not to get involved." I got bruises of my own that night. It was 35 years ago, but the sounds from next door still haunt me. Did we have domestic violence awareness month in the 1970s? I started a series of articles on DV for NABBW. Don't know why I did not think of this before. I thank Dotsie for the space and platform. We need the words to be heard. Someone suffering in silence may consider that "domestic violence" does pertain to her, and it is not her fault.

Edited by Princess Lenora (10/19/09 07:04 PM)
Edit Reason: omit stupid comment