Sorry I haven't updated this. Must have been the Percocet.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he agreed with Ross's diagnosis. He gave me Prednisone and Percocet for an acute stage of Trigenimal Nueralgia and told me I needed to see a neurologist. My appt. with the neurologist is next Friday. I'm hoping this is all gone by next Friday!

Tuesday was my absolute worse day. I had no relief from pain until the doctor prescribed, I took the meds and went to bed. They have been miracle workers - those meds.

I'm praying that since it was diagnosed right way (as you heard, some people aren't diagnosed for a year or so)that it will be short lived.

If not, I learned from a friend of a friend, that Dr. Ben Carson at Hopkins does a needle injection that places medication at the root of the nerve and it will settle it for years. People come from all over the world for him to do this procedure. I understand he's in the process of teaching other surgeons this procedure. He's a remarkable man whose specialty is pediatric neurology. He's the one who has separated siamese twins connected at the head.

Anyway, That's the latest scoop. Thanks for all the PMs, emails, and prayers. They have certainly hleped.

If anyone has questions about this condition, please feel free to ask me. I'm learning a lot quickly.

CrossstitchQueen, I'm so sorry you had to suffer with this all those years. Have you heard of Ben Carson?

Mountain, how are you feeling?