I have been so busy this year, and haven't been around here much. But this is still the place I come to for comfort and sharing.

This has been a very tough year. Dennis (my partner) was officially diagnosed with MSA - a disease that will progress quickly and in a not very pretty way. He was hospitalized with pnuemonia in March. He had 2 surgeries in July and has been to the ER 6 times in 2009.

In May my father died suddenly (I am happy about the way he died, but not the death) leaving my mother, with alzheimer's disease living alone in a city 2 hours away.
Mother moved to an assisted living home in August near where I live. I sold my parents house and all of their belongings in September.

Today I got a call at work that my mother had been taken to the hospital because she fell and fractured her pelvic bone in several places. She will be in the hospital for a few days, until she feels comfortable walking.

My question is, how does one make peace with the health fairies? When is enough, really enough?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com