Hey Ms Queen,

I think you are doing just fine with your little bit a this and little bit a that. I'm against non fat foods because of the chemical structure of them--they ain't real food anymore. But a little isn't going to buy you the farm by any stretch. You sound like you are eating a well balanced diet and most important of all--it's working for you.
This is the point to really take home from all of this science of healthy eating. There is a factory specified diet that is what our basically neanderthal systems does best on. BUT we are all biochemically individuals and as such one gal's energizing burger is another gal's energy killer.
When I said that not having fat in your diet can lead to diabetes--more or less said that--it's because fat does not raise blood sugar. It is an blood sugar neutral food. It helps slow the digestion of sugars and foods that turn into sugar and some fats--like coconut oil--actually boost metabolism. What's going to push someone into the condition--reversible 99% of the time--called diabetes is unstable blood sugar and the resulting surges in insulin.
Dr. Julian Whitaker's book Reversing Diabetes is a great place for anyone with this condition or pre-diabetes to get some good solid info on how this is possible, why, and the program to follow.