Hello,

A friend pointed me to this forum. She's said marvelous things so I figured I would give it a shot. You all seem very helpful.

My son got involved with a woman a several years back and ended up getting her pregnant. He did the honorable thing and stood by and became a father to the child (and he is a wonderful father might I add).

They've never been a good couple, and unfortunately over the years she has become lazy, whiney, and outright rude. Her parents have said the same thing to me, so it's not my "mother bear" getting the best of me. I think he sees it too, but what do I say? I don't want to get in the middle of his affairs, but at the same time not only is it affecting my son, but my grandson as well.

What makes me so angry is essentially he is a single parent. He works all day and then comes home to a messy house. She doesn't lift a finger and he ends up having to clean up after her because she won't do it and he doesn't want his son living in such disgusting conditions. She's too busy watching Oprah and other nonsense. And now that my grandson is in school full time, she has even more time on her hands to do nothing. Which is what ends up happening. I come over to visit my grandson after he gets out of school and it looks like a hurricane hit the place. And that's right after he gets out of school, so what has she done all day?

Sorry for the long post, I've just watched this for the last 6 years and I'm just so frustrated! I think he knows and I think he has a plan, but I want to know what how to approach him and not offend him.

Thank you all so much!