EW, I"ve not heard of that, but it's much cheaper than taking the elderly out of their homes and placing them in care facilities, at least here in the US. Some are apying double that! I'm sure they'd rather be home. To stay in your home and have continuous care in the US is cost prohibitive for most citizens.

KathyC, I agree wholeheatedly about eldercare being one of the toughest jobs in the world. My brother and his wife have moved in with Dad and I can't tell you how grateful I am for that. I don't know how they do it, and he's a breeze to care for. IT's just that it's continuous. I have way too many ants in my pants to stay put and care, though I guess I could do it if I had to. I'd do anything for Dad.

Dee, you have a good attitude. I think it's better for us to think that we may end up in a home because our kids are so spread out these days. I'm thinking that the end of life is when we are going to have to be the most patient. I've got a lot of learning to do before then.

gims, I hear ya, but I don't know how many options there are going to be for many of us. I still think buying a communal home and caring for one another may be the way to go.

Mountain, save a place for all of us Abbeyfield! Sounds wonderful. Better get our names on the list now. I'm sure there's a wait list.

Speaking of wait lists. That's a huge problem in the states. It's time for Mom or Dad to go to an eldercare facility and the wait is 2-5 years. You must plan ahead ehich is so hard because they can be healthy one day, and then the next soemthing debilitating happens and you're stuck.