Dotsie, are you referring to "When The Heart Waits"? I did read it, and I don't know how to adequately put into words how rich and revitalizing that book was for me. Let me start by saying that it took me months to read it, I could only read a few pages at a time, sometimes only a few words. But here's the mystery of this book for me...everytime I picked it up to start reading it again, it spoke EXACTLY to where I was at that moment. It was extraordinary. It was as if she was writing this book just for me, as my journey was progressing, because almost every single word she wrote was my story, my journey, my darkness.

When I began, I was drowning in grief, so overwhelmed with emotional pain and spiritual bereftment that I could barely function. Dotsie recommended the book, and from the front cover to the back cover and every word in-between, there was no doubt that God Himself brought this book into my life to help me crawl through my pain to the other side of this grief. It was astoundingly accurate for me. It companioned, enlightened, empowered, understood and guided me through every step of the journey. Amazing.

It won't be like that for everyone, but I was open to its message, and read it very prayerfully, always asking for the eyes to see and ears to hear what I needed to get through the pain. He answered. The book was just one more very tender reminder of just how much He truly cares.

(Maya Angelou)