Another great use for vinegar (white) is to mix it with water (35-40% vinegar), put it in spray bottles and use it to clean up dog messes. It works just as good as the commercial stuff that is supposed to break down enzymes so the dog won't sniff out that spot again, and is Way-cheaper than paying 8-10 bucks a bottle for that other stuff. I have 3 dogs, one is 17 yrs old so she has accidents; have used it on tile floor in the dog room, and wood laminate the rest of the house.

Also use small amounts of white vinegar (1/4 cup) to a half full sink of water, to soak fruits and veggies in. Supposed to kill off all the pesticides, wax, dirt, etc.. I swear, after soaking my fruits (lots of berrie and apples) for a half hour, then rinsing well, they taste so 'pure'. Could be it's in my mind, but the method sure sounds valid, and I've made it a practice since we are trying to eat a lot of fresh fruit and veggies.

One more and I'll quit.... 8 parts water to 1 part apple cider vinegar makes an awesome astringent. This mixture ratio will put your skin right back at its proper pH after washing your face. You only smell like an apple for a minute or two, and your skin feels so soft and "correct". It doesn't hurt my feelings at all to use something so natural that is so CHEAP, and easy (I make up a spray bottle full and keep it in the fridge). Also great to spray on your legs, right after shaving, though that does sting a little. Makes your legs better accept the lotion to follow.

OK, I lied...another 'one more'... #4 use for white vinegar. This one is for Mustang Gal if she's listening? Make your own fly spray using the U.S. Forestry Dept. recipe (google for it) that utilized Skin So Soft (Avon) oil, vinegar, a dash of essential oil, water, and a squirt of soap. Again, CHEAP compared to commercial fly spray and very effective (albeit, my mare doesn't like the scent either and curls her lip). Flys leave her body and the general area, when the SSS/vinegar fly spray comes into the vicinity.

Author website: http://www.olgraymare.com
"Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am..."