My daughter has promised me for years, that she will be hiring help to take care of me, if I should ever need it. It's really a standing joke between us. But I think she is wise to have this viewpoint. I cared for my mother the last 6 - 8 months of her life. Hardest thing I've ever done (and I've given birth with no drugs). And it truly affects the memories you have of your parent, in my opinion. I didn't care for my dad in his last days. But I sometimes wish I hadn't seen him four days before he died. Not the best memory. I would have preferred the time before that as my last memory - he was still talking and getting around. And still his funny self.

I don't think I could have my daughter living at home again. Even when she comes for a visit I get a bit annoyed - sleeping way into the middle of the day, etc. Reminds me of those trying teenage years. And I want to pull my hair out by the roots. LOL!!!