Originally Posted By: MustangGal
Well, I'm a horrible dieter. I'm doing everything that JawJaw is not! Yet, I've cut back on intake and only eat 2 meals a day with a snack or two and I've incorporated more veggies and fruit, and water. I've forced myself to eat breakfast and eat a later lunch, then for dinner I'll have one of my snacks: either fruit, yogurt, fat free pudding, 100 calorie popcorn bags pretzels, etc. I find that eating breakfast allows me to eat a later lunch and I'm more productive and not running to the snack machine as often. I began the 2009 year at 164 lbs, now 157.5 and I'm 5'9".

So Mustang what is your weight goal?
Excellent Jawjaw.
Chatty, have you been cycling?

I started to eat abit more for breakfast over 3 years ago simply because I was starting my work commute at 5:15 am, so early that I knew I would not have enough energy. Of course breakfast usually is only 1 c. of microwaved oatmeal with a bit of skim milk and fruit on side. Sometimes a cup of tea also with abit of skim milk.

Here are my general eating habits:

1) Eating meat (usually seafood or chicken breast no skin) once or twice per wk. Occasionally I'll have a gourmet sausage or bison for supper. Amount per meal= 1 fistful

2) No pop/carbonated drinks. (I just have never liked the stuff, even as a child. I still have an unopened can from an event 4 months ago, in our fridge.)

3) Deep fried foods- is rare. Maybe once a month or less. If it is a doughnut but that's if it's freely given at a workplace. Or a properly delicately spring roll..there are certain Asian styles are nice. Others are gross. I don't enjoy deep fried fish...I think it covers up the delicate texture/taste of fish.

4) have lots of fruits. Local as well as exotic tropical fruits, ie. mangoes, lichees, etc. Same with veggies.

5) at least 40% of my home cooking is Asian style.

6) Our bread is fatfree, eggfree and sugar free from a bakery. We buy it from a quality bakery. It's good enough that I don't put any spread on it..95% of the time. We don't have jam, mayonnaise, ketchup at home. But we love mustard. Alot of mustard is sugar-free.

The type of bread includes: sourdough, sundried tomato, olive, pumpkin seed, etc. I try to, but not always successfully to eat it earlier in the day.

7) Last time we bought whole eggs..was a yr. ago. We buy egg whites or egg substitute.

8) Have cut back over 70% of my intake on rice and heavier pastas. I have light Asian pasta...some of this stuff you buy dried or freshly made.

9) We have butter at home, only once a year. Usually for baking a special dessert. Otherwise I oaccsionally have it at restaurant on a roll. I have never buttered a muffin anywhere. I find the practice abit strange. Why would one do it when the muffin already has fat inside it?

My biggest fault is biscotti, muffin, or light dessert with a coffee combo. I also drink lots of tea (and coffee at a workplace) with milk but no sugar.

Past 1/2 yr. I've been eating supper earlier, am done eating by 7:00 pm or so.