Sue, You may recall (but I don't expect you to) that I was working on a memoir about my breast cancer experience when I was at VC with you. I was trying to compartmentalize the cancer experience, like a city unto itself (think LA-X airport in the midst of Los Angeles) or an island in my ocean of life. I did not want to incorporate a history of dysfunctional family, child abuse, and its ramifications. Been there, done that with TEARS. However, the feedback that I got from your group was a series of questions, such as why this, and why that, we want to know the back-story! which can only be explained by reflecting on my childhood. A couple of days ago I came across a postal mail letter I received in 2005. It says, "Lynn, I want to share my thoughts with you because we are both survivors of incest and breast cancer. When I went through breast cancer, the trauma [of childhood abuse] surfaced...I want to heal..." So, how's that for the writing on the wall, the whisper in the mail, the answer to the prayer! I think that when we receive the call (to write) we may be slapping the universe in the face if we don't respond?

Edited by Princess Lenora (08/09/09 02:17 AM)
Edit Reason: I'm stupid