Hi everyone,

I'm in love with a very nice guy and we've been together for over 6 months. I don't have many issues with him because we've been able to discuss them and work things out. The main problem I have is his 21 year old son who came back home from living with his mother, who lives 2000 miles away. She must have been babying him for those years.

I've seen my guy making excuses for his son and the main one is that his mother had an affair and deserted the family. He's the only kid. This young man is hurting there's no doubt about that and came back after being gone for 5 years - he wants to relive his childhood with daddy.

I've reached a point where I want to back off and feel that I don't want hitch my wagon to a guy if I'm going to get an extra passenger. I'm concerned this kid will be mooching indefinitely.

In a nutshell, he treats this kid like he was 14 and he acts like he's 14 too. He's a kind kid, and is loyal, has a good heart, but what good is that when he can't function in society without daddy?

Anyhoo, sorry for this long post. Have any of you had any experience with getting rid of a moocher?

laurapoplin.com