Oh, my gosh, Dotsie, I haven't thought about those hipster bellbottoms in forever! We thought we looked so good in them; actually, I did, come to think about it, but that was a long time ago.

I'm not so sure about the older ones' motives. I'm sure some of them are doing it for attention and to recapture their lost youth, but I'll bet a lot of women got it in their heads a long time ago that that's how you dress and haven't altered their thinking.

There was a woman in my office who always wore very short skirts and dresses, despite the fact that she was in her 60's. Yes, she did have nice legs, but her clothes were so short you could see her underwear if you were walking up the stairs behind her and when she sat down she must have been sitting on her underwear alone. Frankly, everyone made fun of her behind her back. Not only had all of us seen her underwear but her clothes looked so dated -- these awful polyester dresses that she must have preserved forever. I don't know what she was thinking, but it was her 'look.'