I think I know that woman -- or her cousins! You know, there's a huge difference between orchid's cute photo -- pulled together, neat, well fitted, and obviously athletic outfit (I would not wear it everywhere, but that's just me) -- and the rear-end and boob-exposing, sloppy stuff I'm sure we all see on a regular basis. I hate to indict my own gender on this issue, but in my experience women are the primary offenders about 90% of the time. If some men dressed the way a lot of these women do, they'd be exposing themselves and we'd have them arrested. But women can get away with anything, including exposing *their* personal bits, and no one says anything. Really, it's not fair, it's tasteless, and it looks terrible.

For me -- which is a little off the topic of the thread but still related -- I'm not wearing anything that shows too much or that has to be adjusted. No short skirts you have to worry about tugging down or having to keep your legs squeezed together when you sit, no see-through, no stuff that's too low or wants to flop open in the front or is cut so you have to keep adjusting your bra straps.

I wore short skirts in the 60's and they were fun, but you had to watch what you were doing. My legs are still in good shape, but I am far more interested in comfort. (And, to be honest, a little style so I look neither like I'm trying to be 25 or like I'm 80). Today I have on cotton/linen drawstring slacks, so they are very light but not confining, a t-shirt, and comfortable Clarks sandals. Oh, and the pants are navy blue so I'm not worried about any show-through.

I subject shorts to the same test: any tugging or worries about showing my bits and they're out. I like capris because they're covered and comfortable; crops not so much, but only because my legs are so short they look like they don't fit. Again, the laziness. Once I get dressed, I want to be comfortable, look decent, and not think about it again.

Edited by Ellemm (06/07/09 02:11 PM)