Yes, finally I got a really nice place, expensive though but could be worse. At least I have a paying student that helps with the rent.

My daughter is moving with us.

My ex is now in panic mode. We have a court date May 28th, which he initiated. He is trying to cancel the child support order because he has/had my daughter with him. He figured since I had one, and he had the other he should just pay nothing. He has an outstanding balance of arrears over $8,000.00

I responded to his court notice that I thought his taking me to court was pre-mature as my daughter may move back in with me. Well that is exactly what is happening.

Now he wants to work out a deal with me and not go to court. Why, because he will look kind of stupid saying he has both kids
(my eldest is 24 so doesn't count re: child support anymore)
when he has neither of them. The judge will ask him why he wants to cancel the child support order. He has some explaining to do.

Also the gov't body that collects arrears is threatening him with a hearing to give him jail time. I hope that doesn't happen but he needs to get it. I have been dealing with this for so many years now. I'm tired of it.

Kate
(It's a nice long weekend though so I'm going to go have coffee with friends and forget about it for now)