I learned a lesson on mother’s day. That is; don’t say what you don’t mean, just to put yourself in a better light.

This week we saw our sons very often, so both of them asked me what I’m planning on mother’s day. Thinking they might have enough of “family” I said I plan to spend it with my own mother, and that they shouldn’t worry about doing anything, it’s just a commercialized day anyway. While saying it,… I was thinking, ‘what are you saying’?

Well, this morning I picked up my Mom, and we cooked a lovely dinner and had it on the terrace. Neither of my sons called, and I was angry at myself for playing the martyr when I’m really not one. But then,…while eating desert,…my youngest son came from around the corner of our house with a huge orange tree in his arms. Half an hour later, my oldest son came with a bunch of spring flowers. The whole family was here, and I was so relieved that they didn’t take my words seriously. I thank God, … they could read between my lines. Today I love my life.