Thanks, DJ.

Meg uses BSL which is different from ASL in that she uses both hands for the alphabets. I learned ASL from school as a child and I communicate with her in that way, which my granddaughter understands as well. So, she's bilingual in that sense. She is also learning to lip-read both in Welsh (her first language) and English while she can still hear on the right side, because there are days when she complains that she is having trouble with her right ear. The educational authorities here are quite exemplary with teaching support and will provide a hearing or non-hearing tutor for her should it become necessary. Grateful for your tip and will surely keep it in mind.

All in all, we take each day as it comes and leave the rest to God. Meg dictates what she wants to do and is pretty much a busy child despite being partly-deaf. She does ballet, plays the violin, attends musical theatre, surfs, swims and learns to read 45 new words a week (she's 4 & 1/2). Except for the fact that she talks louder than norm (she does not have a whisper mode), Meg's top of her class. If God plans full deafness for Meg in the future, I'm sure He'd help her cope. He does that now.