Thank you, Dee. Yes, my son knows what happened. I did not see the father again and when I shared my son with him someone picked him up for me and brought him to me and the same to drop him off. There had to be someone to do that the whole time.

My son knows his father is abusive. He is successful and I'm so pleased that his life was not ruined by his father but it wasn't easy going for him with his father. He ran away from his home in his early teens, for example. He is not close to him at all now that he is an adult and married himself. He could not be different from his father in so many ways.

I ended up having to be honest with him to explain the happenings when he was young. He has a degree in psychology. I think this helped him understand what happened. I got lucky, very lucky, with him and with my second son whose father I am very close to and get along great with. I was very careful before having a second child because of what happened to me.

It took a LOT of therapy for me to be okay, I'll be honest about it. I had a lot of anger treatment and dealt with so many issues to get through it. I raised my children pretty much with the advise of a therapist because of the trauma that caused me.

I live in the same city as this man and I never can get justice for what he did. He even admitted doing it! He claims it was legal then and leaves it at that! I am close with members of his family who do not stay in contact with him because of his violent nature.

Again, I was lucky and yes, I guess I was strong. I was raised to be very strong. I had some good lessons taught to me young.

Thanks again,

Dancer

"Question your privilege"