Thanks for sharing, Dotsie. In some ways, you described the monastic life of the Benedictine community I joined from Thursday last until Palm Sunday morning. www.tyburnconvent.org.uk

That "One yearns to have their ear on the heart of God, always listening for His spirit for guidance" is the purpose I go for my annual silent retreat in a monastic setting.

The cloisters is my "slice of heaven" on earth. I can find no other way to explain the peace that comes from a silent retreat with monastic nuns. My retreat was structured around deep contemplative prayer and liturgy (Morning Office, Mass, Mid-day Office, Vespers and Compline at set times).

There is perpetual Exposition and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at the Tyburn Chapel and the Vigil is always the highlight of my retreat as it is when I can have all the time in the world for personal prayers and reflections. Far from the distraction of all that is temporal. The community of nuns and retreatants come quietly into the Chapel at different times to keep watch. The Blessed Sacrament is never left alone as there is always someone sitting in prayer and adoration. The Eucharistic Adoration is one of the most marvellous experience of my faith. The extraordinary sanctity of this Presence has always led me to respond gratefully to the gift of Him who has given in exchange for my devotion an increase of faith, hope and charity in the spirit of opus Dei, which is the summit of my Christian life.

I left Tyburn on the morning of Palm Sunday. And, my silent retreat was very deep, beautiful and a great way to prepare for Holy Week. The Triduum starts on Holy Thursday, and as I reflect on what it means to me, there is a new quietness, a feeling of peace as I continue my spiritual journey into the deepest, most prayerful time of Lent.